Monday, August 15, 2011

4 years and a sick baby


After a long (amazing, but long) week at Young Life camp, Chris and I were SO excited to get away for our four year anniversary! We were planning a weekend at our friend's adorable beach house in Bodega Bay. Hadley was scheduled to stay at Gramma and Poppy's. We even had dinner reservations!! That Thursday, Hadley was not acting herself at all. She had the flu for the first time. We felt so awful for our little baby. The weekend getaway was cancelled, and we stayed home to take temperatures every few hours, administer tylenol, follow the "brat" diet, and do a whole lot of cuddling and consoling. On Saturday, Hadley's spits were up a bit, so we went out for a mini celebration at Frieda's for some delicious Mexican food that never fails. Even though we did not have the celebration we had planned, we were remind how blessed we are to have one (most of the time) healthy child, another little lady on the way, and love for each other. If someone told me on our wedding day what my life would be like after just four years, I don't think I would believe them. Chris went all out, completely surprised men, and gave me an additional wedding band to add to my ring finger, and I got a fig tree for him, for the year of fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment